Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
Here is something I made up when I was looking in the pantry for something to eat.
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees
– Ready to bake biscuits (the kind that come 8-10 in the pop open package, like Pillsbury biscuits)
– Marinara (spaghetti) sauce (homemade or from a can/jar)
– Precooked meat (Italian sausage/peperoni/other)
– Any other favorite pizza topping
– Mozzarella cheese (or any white cheese that melts good, i.e. jack/muenster/provolone)
Prepare a baking sheet with a light amount of olive oil. Set pan aside.
Spread a small amount of marinara sauce on each biscuit being careful to leave about 1/8 inch biscuit on side so that you can seal the biscuit with no sauce in the way.
Put a small amount of cheese on each biscuit
Take the biscuits that you set aside and flatten each one of them slightly larger than the bottoms and put one on each of the bottoms. Press the edges together with a fork.
Bake in 400 degree oven until golden brown.
Enjoy with a side salad and maybe some marinara sauce for dipping.
Hubby and I decided that these calzones would be good with just about anything inside, but consider some of the following to vary the filling:
– Fresh fruit or pie filling (serve with whipped or ice cream)
– Peanut butter and Jelly
– Eggs with sausage or bacon and cheese
– Roast beef and Swiss cheese (dip in Horsey sauce)
– Corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese (dip in Thousand Island dressing)
– Ham and cheese