Delicious and great dish to feed a large amount of people. A great dish to take for a church gathering. Easy to make and quite inexpensive.
Preheat the oven at 375 degrees
Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with a light coat of oil and set aside
- 1 whole chicken, cooked/de-boned and shredded OR 2-3 chicken breasted, cooked and shredded
- 2 Cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans Rotel green chilies and tomatoes
- 2 small diced onions
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
Combine above ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 1 package of white corn tortillas (cut into quarters)
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded (set aside 1/4 of this for later)
- 1 pound mont. jack cheese, shredded (set aside 1/4 of this for later)
In the prepared baking dish Layer: tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
Cover with foil and put on a baking sheet (to catch any boiled over stuff)
Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven, uncover and top with that cheese that you set aside.
Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
serving suggestion: serve with my Spanish Rice recipe