“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12)
The Bible talks about 5 crowns that are awarded to the believer at the Judgment Seat of Christ, following the Rapture (1 Cor 3:11-15). The are:
- The Everlasting Crown (Victory) in 1 Cor 9:25,
- The Crown of the Soul Winner in Phil 4:1 and 1 Thes 2:19,
- The Crown of Righteousness in 2 Tim 4:8,
- The Crown of Life in Jas 1:12 and Rev 2:10, and
- The Crown of Glory in 1 Peter 5:4.
The “Crown of Life” is that reward that is given to the one who remains faithful to the Gospel, even when tried and tempted to lose faith. It is “promised to them that love him”.
There are those times on this planet when you may just say “Oh God why me?” Consider a new question next time you are in the valley. Ask this: “Oh God what are you trying to teach me?” It is worth that crown that you may lay at the feet of Jesus when you finally see His lovely face.