- 1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and towel dried
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil (sesame oil is very potent, you may wish to use less to begin and add more to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water
In a food processor, blend chickpeas lemon juice and olive oil. Add garlic and spices, then sesame oil and water and blend to a smooth paste. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water if mixture is too dry.
Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh veggies or pita bread for dipping. It is also very good on Melba toast, wheat crackers and tortillas.
Photo credit: photobucket.com/GarfioCms