* Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf in the bread machine.
This is a very versatile recipe for cheddar cheese flavored bread.
Look at the bottom of the recipe for suggestions on how to change it up.
Place the following ingredients into the bread maker:
- ¾ Cups of warm water
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs (works best when beaten into the water to incorporate a bit)
- 3 cups of bread flour (or use all purpose flour and add 1 tablespoon of gluten)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (shredded cheese will work too)
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder (or decrease water by 2 TBL spoons and add 2 TBL spoons of whole milk)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Rapid Rise yeast (or one pkg)
Set loaf size on bread maker to 1 ½ pound and use white or rapid white cycle. Turn the machine on and allow to automatically bake. This bread is delicious warm or even toasted with butter. Reminds me of when my Daddy would bring home a loaf of cheddar bread as a treat … me and my sisters would enjoy some cheese bread toast and butter. YUM!
Follow recipe for Cheddar Bread and when the bread maker beeps add ½ cup of precooked crispy bacon (that is about 12 slices). Serving Suggestion: very yummy served with butter and maybe even a side of scrambled eggs … not just for breakfast!
Pepperoni Cheese Bread
Follow recipe for Cheddar Bread replacing cheddar cheese with mozzarella or cheddar/jack cheese. Also add 1 teaspoon of sweet basil and 1 teaspoon of oregano and ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese. When the bread maker beeps add ½ cup of finely chopped pepperoni. Serving suggestion: This is very tasty served with a marinara sauce for dipping. Or, try dipping it into some extra virgin olive oil that has been infused with fresh cracked black pepper.