This pie is so simple. I made it for the first time the other day as a birthday dinner request for my daughter. Here is How I did it:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
- About 2 packs of finely ground graham cracker crumbs (enough to make 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/3 cup of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
Mix all of the crust ingredients together and press into a 9 inch pie dish. Put in the refrigerator to cool.
Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 5 egg yokes, beaten
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- zest of one lime (grated peel)
Blend all pie filling ingredients together until smooth. Pour into the chilled pie crust. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Cool completely and top with whipped topping. Garnish with some lime slices.