“For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” — Psalm 139:13-14
Today’s verse of the day is perhaps one of the most popular pro-life verses of all time. Specifically, it is a “go to” verse when folks claim that a baby is not a person, or living being while inside the womb. As I was meditating on this passage I could not help but think about how God is the only one qualified to give life and take life away. He protects us when we are little tiny babies in the womb that are developing to the point that we are able to survive outside. I was thinking about how sad it is that people who do not believe in God as the giver and taker of life take it upon themselves to do things that only the One True God and Creator of all human life is qualified to do. But what is even sadder is the fact that people who call themselves Christians also think it fine to take life from innocent little babies. How can this be? They have been made to believe a lie that unborn babies are not real humans — that’s how!
So I want to present all believers with a multi-part challenge. Are you up to the challenge?Go ahead, take it:
- I challenge you to prove to me how anyone has the right to take life?
- I challenge you to prove to me that an unborn baby is less than human and therefore can be killed before it ever breathes its first breath outside of the womb.
- I challenge you to give me any reason or circumstance on earth that gives another human the right to take the life of an innocent baby.
- I challenge you, brother or sister in Christ to really meditate upon how wrong abortion is.
I understand that sometimes women conceive as a result of a violent act — but even so, what has that baby done to deserve death? There are so many parents waiting to adopt a beautiful baby — choose life — choose adoption. Replace those three little letters “bor” with “dop” to change aBORtion to aDOPtion. Once you have studied it out in the Bible and truly meditate upon it, you cannot come to any other conclusion than God gives life and only He can decide when to take it away.
Now I realize that sometimes we do things that later we regret so for those of you who may have had an abortion or have been involved in promoting abortion, you might have trouble jumping on the “pro-life bandwagon” because of your actions. Well you know what? There is forgiveness for all things that we have done. All you need to do is ask God for forgiveness and once you have done that He will forgive you as far as the east is from the west (Ps 103:12). Then, do as Jesus said “Go and sin no more” (John 8:11). Change the way you are thinking and agree with God. Reject abortion and promote LIFE. The Bible has so much to say about life and protection of the innocent as well as the consequence to those that shed innocent blood. Here are some passages to study:
Genesis 2:3, Genesis 9:6, Exodus 23:7, Deuteronomy 19:10, Jeremiah 22:17, Psalm 94:21, Proverbs 6:16-19, Proverbs 17:15, Proverbs 18:5, John 5:21, Romans 1:20, 1 Corinthians 8:6, 2 Corinthians 3:6,
God covered you and protected you when your mother was pregnant what can you do to protect other innocent babies?
Things to Think About and Do
1. Find someone who has been a victim of abortion and offer to help them heal. Send them a note or ask if they need a friend to talk to about it. Let them know that God still loves them and forgives them they need only ask for foregiveness.
2. Do you know about any local pregnancy resource centers in your area? What can you do to help in that outreach?
3. Write down three reasons why someone would choose to have an abortion and then study the verses above to understand why there is never justification for taking an innocent life.
I welcome your comments below, especially your responses to my challenges above.
Image courtesy of phaendin at FreeDigitalPhotos.net