- 1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili power
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- dash garlic powder
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour and seasonings.
2. Add the raw ground meat to the flour mixture and mix until it is completely incorporated. The best tool for this job is your hands.
3. Wash your hands with soap and water.
4. Put the 1/2 cup of water into a skillet and add the seasoned meat to it. Break up the meat as it cooks. Heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. The finished product should be very smooth, somewhat pasty, with no large chunks of meat remaining.
5. Add the meat to taco shells or tortillas with other garnish as desired. We like it with cheddar cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce and some salsa. It is also great with some hot sauce.