I had so many strawberries one day that I needed to make something before they went bad. I made this super moist and delicious bread and then realized that you really can use any kind of fruit in it and it would be equally delicious for an all occasion yummy sweet treat.
[Note: For this recipe I did all my mixing by hand, the old fashioned way but I suppose you can use a stand mixer for the batter so long as you use a lower speed as not to destroy the fruit]
- 2 Cups of sliced fresh strawberries (or other desired fruit)
- couple tablespoons of sugar
- 3 1/8 Cups of flour
- 2 Cups of white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cups of veggie oil
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 1/4 cups chopped (or ground) walnuts
1. Place the 2 Cups of fresh, sliced strawberries (or other fruit) in a medium bowl and sprinkle with a couple tablespoons of sugar. Set aside so they can macerate while you prepare batter.
2. Prepare 2 each 9 x 5 loaf pans with butter and flour and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
4. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda into a large mixing bowl.
5. Combine oil and beaten eggs into the strawberries that you have set aside.
6. Add strawberry mixture to the flour batter mixture, gently mixing it until dry ingredients are just moistened.
7. Add the nuts and incorporate fully.
8. Divide batter evenly into your prepared bread pans.
9. Bake in the oven until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean … probably between 45 – 50 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and turn the oven off.
11. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes and then take loaves out of pans and allow to completely cool on a cooling rack before slicing.