Here is a recipe for a healthy and GREEN smoothie. I made it for Hollie when she was recovering from a minor surgery.
Yields about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 Cup Apple Juice
- 1/2 banana
- 4 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 Cup pineapple
- 1/2 mango chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 kiwi
- 1/4 Cup Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Kale chopped
- 1/4 cup Broccoli chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 clove of chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 scoops protein powder
Serve in a green (optional) glass with a straw.
photo credit: tmafitness.com